Muir serves a diverse 4K-5th-grade student community, including early childhood and phonology programs, of approximately 525 students. We invest in a whole child perspective and collaborate with members of our community to support and promote student learning, health and wellness, and personal growth. We believe that every child
Welcome to Muir Elementary
Home of the Jaguars!
We believe that every child has the capacity to learn, think, reason and communicate. As educators, we must provide every child with the resources and support to afford them the opportunity to develop in these areas and realize their full potential. As educational leaders, we will work to create a culture and system that promotes this development for each child in our range of responsibility to ensure that each child leaves our school as a productive member of and contributor to a multi-cultural society.
What Makes Muir Elementary Unique
Where each child has a positive and successful learning experience.
- We support project-based and service learning opportunities for students, including our outdoor learning focus and school garden.
- Youth on Air radio program provides additional educational opportunities to students beyond the standard classroom experience.
- Green Team is open to any students who like to explore environmentally friendly experiences.
- Chess Club, Scratch and recycling are open to all students.
- Annual Muireka and Multicultural Dinner brings families together.
Interested in supporting our school? Give a gift to Muir Elementary.
Meet Our Adopt-a-School Sponsors
Interested in adopting a school?
Through the Foundation’s Adopt-a-School program, Madison’s public schools are “adopted” by a local business, organization, or government agency, forming mutually enriching partnerships.