Shorewood Hills Elementary
Shorewood Hills Elementary is affectionately known for our diverse international student population. Many of our 450 4K-5th-graders are worldwide citizens. Approximately half of our students reside in Eagle Heights or University houses, the other half live in the Village of Shorewood Hills, the city of Madison or a neighboring city. We take tremendous pride in our culturally diverse demographics and utilize a Welcoming Schools approach to creating a respectful and supportive environment to embrace family, student, and staff diversity and prevent biases so we can all engage in meaningful learning.
Welcome to Shorewood Hills Elementary
“The Little United Nations”
Our students experience high academic achievement through the combination of high educational standards and a wealth of cultural resources. Our staff is dedicated to challenging every student academically in an environment that is child-centered, safe, culturally responsive and supportive of learning. Our goals are to ensure that every student actively engages in the learning process to become a happy and productive member of a global society.
What Makes Shorewood Hills Elementary Unique
Where cross-cultural learning happens every day in the classroom and in the community.
- Students speak over 30 different languages, identify with many races, cultures, and genders and are proud of their traditions.
- One of the first pilot schools for 1:1 technology integration in classrooms.
- Launching a Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) pilot in REACH classes in 2017.
- Members of the school community are encouraged to build on strengths by taking risks and trying new approaches.
- Annual International Week features a food fair, Global Village, parade, and performances to celebrate cultural diversity.
- Annual Poetry Cafe offers an opportunity for students interested in poetry to share their favorite poems, show off their creative side and interact with a special guest poet.
Interested in supporting our school? Give a gift to Shorewood Hills Elementary.
Get In Touch
Contact Shorewood Hills Elementary
1105 Shorewood Boulevard
Madison WI 53705
Office: (608) 204-1200
Shorewood Hills Elementary Alumni
Are you an MMSD Alum? Connect with us and share your story.
We are currently seeking Adopt-a-School Partners
Interested in adopting a school?
Through the Foundation’s Adopt-a-School program, Madison’s public schools are “adopted” by a local business, organization, or government agency, forming mutually enriching partnerships.