Mendota is a vibrant and diverse school on Madison’s North Side and one of MMSD’s first Community Schools. We’re a neighborhood school representing a broad range of social, economic, cultural, and racial diversity. Stable families, diversity, three neighborhood centers with excellent after-school activities and a growing northeast business community are key reasons why the Mendota community is a great place to raise a family.
Welcome to Mendota Elementary
You’re at home here.
We pride ourselves on developing strong, responsive relationships with students, parents, and our Mendota community. We hold our students to high academic and behavioral expectations and believe that all our Scholars can achieve at high levels.
What Makes Mendota Elementary Unique
Learn more about our child-centered educational community.
- As a Community School, we build on the assets of the community to help serve the identified needs of Mendota Scholars, families and community through well integrated and coordinated, strategic partnerships.
- Disney Musicals in Schools site
- SAGE school ensures that class sizes of K-3rd-grade have a maximum of 18 students.
- The nationally recognized after-school program, Safe Haven and After-School Academic Clubs for Excellence, serves over 100 students beyond the school day including an all-day summer camp.
- “Kids Days Out” are scheduled during school breaks providing all-day care.
- Feature at least one Artist in Residence program every year.
Interested in supporting our school? Give a gift to Mendota Elementary.
Meet Our Adopt-a-School Sponsors
Interested in adopting a school?
Through the Foundation’s Adopt-a-School program, Madison’s public schools are “adopted” by a local business, organization, or government agency, forming mutually enriching partnerships.