Lapham’s attendance area is bordered by the State Capitol to the west, First Street to the east, and Lakes Mendota & Monona to the north and south.
Welcome to Lapham Elementary
We are glad you are here.
At Lapham, we are focused on supporting student learning through a belief of equity and excellence for all students. We strive to ensure that all families feel welcome, valued and connected to the Lapham Community and celebrate the rich diverse culture that lives within our school population. We know that a student’s potential is maximized when everyone works together in a collaborative manner. We are charged with the responsibility of ensuring that each child is prepared for college, career, and the community by the time he/she completes high school. The process begins in elementary school where our goal is to teach students to read and think critically, solve problems, and communicate effectively (both orally and in print), and to utilize technology in relevant ways.
What Makes Lapham Elementary Unique
Two schools, one community.
- Shared space with Capital High creates an expanded community that benefits everyone.
- Lapham is a partner school with Marquette Elementary, a unique arrangement that provides an extended community of support and a smaller, personalized learning experiences for both grades k-2 and 3-5.
- Engaging family events including the Schoolwide Harvest, Fine Arts Night, Spring Sing, International Food Fair and annual Holiday Luncheon featuring local celebrity servers.
- Excellent after-school programs provided by Red Caboose, Inc.
- All students have access to and participate in instruction in the Lapham Outdoor Classroom and Community Garden.
- Buildementary Club allows the study of public art and sculpture, where students also create their own sculpture that is displayed along the Yahara River.
Interested in supporting our school? Give a gift to Lapham Elementary.
Get in touch
Contact Lapham Elementary
1045 E Dayton Street
Madison WI 53703
Office: (608) 204-4140
Lapham Elementary Alumni
Are you an MMSD Alum? Connect with us and share your story.
Meet Our Adopt-a-School Partners
Interested in adopting a school?
Through the Foundation’s Adopt-a-School program, Madison’s public schools are “adopted” by a local business, organization, or government agency, forming mutually enriching partnerships.