Located on the far southwest side of Madison in the Meadowridge area, Huegel is adjacent to Huegel Jamestown Park – 17 acres of landscaped and tall grass fields, woods, and sports/recreation areas.
Welcome to Huegel Elementary
Learn more about our innovative community.
Huegel is very proud of the strong community created by its families, staff, students and community members. We believe that every child can learn and grow, and we work hard to make sure that all students reach their full potential. Our talented teaching staff consistently collaborates to support students’ learning through enriching academic opportunities, and also focuses on developing our students’ social-emotional character.
What Makes Huegel Elementary Unique
Madison’s only “school in the round.”
- Unique “school in the round” design and layout.
- Active parent organization supports many school activities and promotes multicultural experiences.
- New library media center features an engaging makerspace area, as well as thousands of books for students to check out.
- One of the first cohort of schools selected to integrate technology into our daily instruction with all students having individual devices.
- Lego League and STEM Club provide additional science and engineering opportunities for all students.
Interested in supporting our school? Give a gift to Huegel Elementary.
Get in touch
Contact Huegel Elementary
2601 Prairie Road
Madison WI 53711
Office: (608) 204-3100
Huegel Elementary Alumni
Are you an MMSD Alum? Connect with us and share your story.
Meet Our Adopt-a-School Partners
Interested in adopting a school?
Through the Foundation’s Adopt-a-School program, Madison’s public schools are “adopted” by a local business, organization, or government agency, forming mutually enriching partnerships.