Hamilton Middle School
Hamilton Middle is Madison’s largest middle school, with more than 800 students representing countries and cultures from all over the world. Our student body is committed to excellence and is supported by the entire school community. Our staff is committed to connecting with students and families to support the growth of the whole child. At Hamilton, students are provided rigorous learning experiences in all subject areas to ensure that students are prepared for high school and beyond.
Welcome to Hamilton Middle
Home of the soaring hawks!
Our school community values educational excellence, equity, and character development. Our vision is for all students to feel they belong here and see themselves as learners with the ability to grow socially, emotionally and academically.
What Makes Hamilton Middle Unique
See the amazing things that are happening at our school.
- Robust learning community where students believe that school is cool!
- Students believe they can learn and make efforts to learn even when the work is challenging.
- Students report feeling safe at school, that teachers care about them and that staff hold them to high expectations.
- Families report that Hamilton has approachable and responsive staff that help students achieve goals.
- Shared campus with Van His Elementary provides an extended community of support.
Interested in supporting our school? Give a gift to Hamilton Middle.
Get in touch
Contact Hamilton Middle
4801 Waukesha Street
Madison WI 53705
Office: (608) 204-4620
Hamilton Middle School Alumni
Are you an MMSD Alum? Connect with us and share your story.
Meet Our Adopt-a-School Sponsors
Interested in adopting a school?
Through the Foundation’s Adopt-a-School program, Madison’s public schools are “adopted” by a local business, organization, or government agency, forming mutually enriching partnerships.