Leopold Elementary School Endowment Fund
The income from the school endowment fund provides Leopold Elementary School the opportunity for school-based grants to support creative and innovative projects in our school.
For the 2017-18 school year this funded the following projects:
- Balance Ball desk chairs and shag rug shower mats to allow Kindergartners to choose flexible seating options.
- Childrens’ books to be sent home with families at the pre-Kindergarten English Language Learners screening.
- Teaching gratitude to 2nd grade English Language Instruction students; purchase of new books to read to classrooms, a game and student journals with prompts about gratitude.
- Books and postage that will be sent home during the summer (3 times) to students who participate in a very intense reading intervention second semester.
- 6 Learniture Active Learning Stools to help support students with alternative seating needs across grade levels.
- Social-emotional learning curriculum to use with students that need additional social-emotional support.
Are you an alumni of Madison’s public schools? Join the (free!) Madison Public Schools Friends & Alumni Network to connect with fellow alumni from around the world!